Friday, September 17, 2010

AN AWAKENING

They say – The early bird catches the worm..but in my case, The early bird needs more sleep!!



It Was a pretty early start to my day considering I reached home at 3 am post my late night affairs in office!!I meant the affair with conference calls where we kind of specialize in finding faults with even the most well made presentations!! After a quick download(if you know what I mean :-)) and freshening up I got ready for Daddy’s day in!

NOW PICTURIZE THIS : My darling wife was getting ready had to step out for some work. Me with a glass of raagi in hand and my sleepy eyes half closed like Buddha!! (Just that I was no where even remotely close to Buddha. His look was more ENLIGHTENING – Mine was more like STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!! Reminded me of Tom and Jerry cartoon)



The morning warm-up had begun. My little angel knows his papa is a little overweight in Madhya Pradhesh!( The tummy) and needs some exercising so gives me a run around to drink his glass of raagi. And Suddenly the mummy – baby bond strengthens and he dosn’t want to let go of mummy, me trying to carry him towards me and then the loud shrill!!!! Picturized it? Are you smiling??

 Just when there seemed to be a slight bit of frustration setting in me, suddenly there was an AWAKENING. An inner voice which said – Is it my little one or the situation irritating me or is it THE WAY I CHOSE TO PROCESS THE WHOLE SITUATION IN MY MIND??

All of a sudden there was a calm and I looked at my little angel and there was something beautiful about him that I had not noticed in the past 2 and half years! Don’t know what it is.. but there was something. The fullness in his actions, his expression of love, his innocence. Suddenly a shift happened in me. When I break down this situation into its finer pieces, I see it is just the way one chooses to process an event or a person’s behavior in one’s own mind. The situation was perfect the way it was,there was a sense of urgency at that moment coz the situation demanded it! My little angel was acting just the way he should be. Each one was doing their own role, but the fact that all these happen at the same time makes it look chaotic and pushes the buttons in us.

That was a wonderful moment when Guruji’s message came to mind and I paraphrase – “ Look through my eyes(guru’s eyes), you will not see any fault in this creation. Everything is beautiful just the way it is”. And through the day every moment I spent with my angel, playing his imaginative creative games - my world came to a stand still.

Thanks to my little naughty angel for awakening his sleeping dad! I said a silent prayer – Let this awareness be in my always!
 What a wonderful gift from GOD, every parent should realize that it is not they who teach their children, it is the little one by his own behaviors teaches parents the way to a fuller life!!
THANKS YOU GOD FOR A WONDERUL WIFE AND A NAUGHTY LITTLE ANGEL.


More to come soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment