Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Holidays to HOLYDAYS


“We need to visit this temple and offer prayers…” said my wife as she was reading through a book titled “Tirupati”. It wasn't Tirupati she was talking about.  In the outskirts of Hyderabad stood the powerful and almighty Lord Balaji. He’s popularly known as Visa Balaji. Whenever anyone needed Visa power.. this is where they used to Go and GET IT! I guess VISA the popular company did not know about this temple, else in every ad of theirs instead of Sachin holding the card and saying the words “ Visa power, GO GET IT “ in the early years, it would have been happy Indians holding their Visa in their hands saying –“ Visa power! I GOT IT! 

“ The Lord possesses such power that whoever circumambulates the   sanctum 11 times with their intention in heart and mind, it comes to   pass. The only condition set forth by the temple authorities is that once their wish is fulfilled they have to return to circumambulate 108 times as a gesture of gratitude and thanks giving. I don’t think even the Lord demands anything from you, but considering that your wish is fulfilled isn't it right that one returns to offer thanks? I think it’s a fair ask! The temple itself is small and beautiful, no Hundi’s to drop offerings, no collection, no demands! It’s just you and the LORD! 

Well.. our plan to visit the temple was not for a Visa but to offer a prayer. Thanks to Telengana issue I could not risk travelling with my family! But since I had a couple of days of holidays on weekdays, I decided to take the risk and make them HOLY DAYS by visiting Chilkur and Tirupati! and return over the weekend to spend time with my lovely family. Being a great planner that I am, I started visualizing and planning the trip in my mind.  After all every first step is taken first in the mind! 


After planning the trip in my mind I decided to begin my journey on the 7th August and return to Bangalore on Saturday morning. Thanks to Swami Suryapada I got a contact in Hyderabad to meet, who could take me to Chilkur. And so.. my Plan for day 1 was as follows:

7th August – Leave for Bangalore to Hyderabad.
8th August -  Reach Hyderabad.
8am – 10 am – Finish Kriya, have breakfast.
10am – 1 am – Meet Neelesh Ji travel with him to Visit Chilkur Temple and offer prayers
1am - …. – Ya I know, its …. Coz as a food lover I wanted to have a hearty meal without time limitations :-)
3pm – 7pm – Shopping, Laze around.
7pm-…. :-) Dinner.
9 pm – Leave Hyderabad – proceed to Tirupati.

Thoroughly satisfied with my plans, I proceeded to pack my things.  Wrote down all the things to be packed and went about packing them. Finally it was time to leave. My wife drove me to the bus station while me and my darling son exchanged some Papa and Pappu conversations. Soon it was.. tata.. bye bye.. see you Saturday.. Love youuuuuu :-)
I boarded the bus @ 8:40 pm and the journey begun. Little did I ever imagine, what I was about to experience in the coming days were going to be great teachings in my life. The lights in the bus went down and with the earphones plugged in I closed my eyes. 

At dawn it would be GOD’s Plan . Vs . My Plans! 

GOD’s Will. Vs .My Will.



Experiences of Day 1 of the clash of the WILL – follows tomorrow!.. Stay tuned.






0 comments:

Post a Comment